Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Huge, and Happy as a Hippo

In the last several weeks I have received multiple comments about how big I am getting and an overall concern for my health.  I would like everyone to know I am doing just fine.

Many people thought I was huge with Hanna Marie and she was a big baby for someone my size but I remained healthy throughout the pregnancy and I gained less weight than is average during pregnancy.  Afterwards I recovered very quickly.  I was back in my skinny jeans by 9 weeks postpartum and even scored a 96 out of 100 on my very first Air Force physical fitness test back from maternity leave - including receiving max points for my waist size. 

But if I was huge with one baby what do you think is going to happen with two babies growing inside of someone who is only 4'11 and normally 110 lbs?  But rest assured I have still gained less weight so far than what is average for a twin pregnancy, I have not been put on bedrest, all of my tests and screenings have been normal, the babies are healthy and growing normally, and I feel nothing more than the normal wear of a pregnant women chasing around a very happy toddler.

Overall pregnant or not I am an extremely healthy and fit person, probably more than most of you.  If any of you still feel concerned or wish to continue commenting on my size or health I challenge you to run the Cold Turkey Run with me on November 24th or even better join my 2012 Ragnar team and we'll see who fares better.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? you are doing the Ragnar Race...i wanted to do that this past year. I don't think I will be able to do it in 2012, good job Camaree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a little bitter are we???? :)

    I know what its like, lets just face it, no matter how big anyone gets in a pregnancy with twins or or not, we all get the nicest,randomest, meanest, and stupidest comments.

    I always get people saying how small I am the whole time, and I really hate it. It makes me feel like they think I am starving myself or the baby. When in reality its the fact that I am TAALLLL!!! My height hides the baby. Which can only mean that its your height that emphasizes the baby. I THINK you look Fantastic, ESPECIALLY for having twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Janalee. Every pregnant lady ever has had to deal with the comments about their size one way or the other.

    Right now I'm dealing with people telling me I can't pick up my 4 year old. Even random people in the store tell me to put him down cause I will hurt myself. I ask them to give me money for a nanny so I wont have to. Just another pregnancy thing we all have to deal with!

    ReplyDelete