Sunday, February 26, 2012

Better Full Than Empty

Once upon a time I worked and went to school, had a calling, hung out with my friends, and made dinner for my husband.  I complained of my sleep apnea and lack of energy and my long to do list.

I thought I was busy then.  I thought I was tired then.

But now . . . as everyone at the grocery store likes to point out I "have my hands full".  And it's true.  If one baby has a good night or a good day one of the others has a terrible one.  Tonight for example Mauree has been doing great and will probably sleep 6-8 hours but Michael is teething and Hanna is sick.  Since I put them all down for bed at 9 Mauree has been up once, Michael twice, and Hanna twice and it's only 12:30 and none of them woke up at the same time.

I don't sleep.  My perfume is baby spit up.  I'm lucky if I get to shower and put on make-up in the same day.  Some days I can't wait for Eric to get home just so I can pee and brush my teeth.  My meals are always rushed and cold.  I'm always holding a baby.  A good day means at least one room in the house is clean.  And there is always laundry, laundry, laundry.

I get smiled at more in one day then I think most people get in a whole week.  Somebody always laughs at my comedy routine.  My audience thinks I'm a great singer.  I get told almost every day that I am pretty like a princess.  My kisses are magical.  I have four eager faces dying to be my dance partner.  I always have someone to cuddle with or play with.  And I'm rarely bored.  

My hands are full.  But I'd rather they be full than empty.





Of course Eric is pretty awesome. Helps out a ton and takes the kids all by himself for a whole weekend once every month while I am at drill.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! This stage will pass! You are a wonderful mother. Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. I love your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I seriously LOVED this post. All the pics are adorable, and you just amaze me, more and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful family Cam!!

    ReplyDelete